The plant is widely regarded as a powerful natural tool to expand the consciousness, allowing users to comprehend the apparent mysteries of life. Users come out of the experience with a higher level of consciousness, and a greater understanding of the way in which their world is laid out before them. Healing, growth and understanding are all the core long-term effects of Huachuma, with users also stating that the realisation that “we are all one” was perhaps the most significant.
But this is no ‘recreational drug’. In terms of emotions, extremes of both positive and negative can occur during the journey, and they are all part of the voyage of discovery. Vomiting or diarrhea can follow San Pedro ingestion; such purging and deep cleanse of emotions built up over the course of one’s life. Moments of laughter, tears and fear are all potential aspects to the experience, and the negativity one may face at certain times should be embraced, as it is Huachuma allowing the healing of something which has been kept deep within for too long.
San Pedro has a rich history of sacred shamanic use. It has been used to treat various ailments such as cancer, diabetes, hepatitis, fever, paralysis, problems with joints, high blood pressure, cardiac diseases, burning kidneys, and bladder.
Also a powerful antimicrobial that inhibits 18 or more penicillin-resistant bacteria preventing their growth, such as Staphylococcus.
San Pedro has also been noted to support in the cure drug addiction and alcoholism, and decrease nervous conditions.
The user is able to live life free of fear, and free of whatever deep-rooted emotional feeling may have at one time been holding them back. Inner afflictions are healed, including mental, emotional and physical conditions.
With a San Pedro you have a powerful tool to go deep in your full being in a profound introspective journey, to live life free of fear, and free of whatever deep-rooted emotional feeling may have at one time been holding you back. Inner afflictions are healed, including mental, emotional and physical conditions.
SAN PEDRO Sessions
- Initial Interview for actual emotional and health state.
- 7 Days Before: Eat as wholesome as possible. Diminish or eliminate fried food, over processed food and alcohol. Drink plenty of water so that your tissues are hydrated. Adding electrolytes (non-sugar) and liquid minerals to your water will help prepare your body.
- A previous work preparation of 2 hours aprox. takes place with several dynamics in order for grounding and centering into the experience.
- Wachuma then is facilitated, and approximately 1-2 hours after the effects of the medicine begin to be felt. Sometimes it is necessary to drink a second cup of medicine, since not all people feel medicine in the same way, it is different for everyone, and all experiences are also different.
- The San Pedro experience lasts between 8-14 hours, and the team members are attending the participants in the process. They keep the space safe and support people with their process of purging and psychic exploration.
- When the session is over participants are invited to go to their rooms or stay sleeping in the main rood. While the person is in their room, the facilitators remain attentive, participants can request assistance at any time throughout the night.
- Next morning participants have the chance to sum up kambo to their healing process. Otherwise, and after breakfast, an integration work takes place in order to support participant receive deep comprehensions about the informations, feelings, and emotions received during the experience.
What to Bring
- People with Asthma will need to bring their inhaler with them.
- Diabetics will need to bring Insulin, testing strips and extra food.
- If you are on any other medication it is completely safe for you to continue taking your normal medication but please discuss this beforehand.
- A blanket or shawl.
- Loose comfortable clothing.
- Towel and bathroom products.
- Notebook+pen are highly recommended for recording comprehensions during the event.