THE VINE OF THE SOUL
This millenary brew made from the leaves of the Psychotria viridis shrub along with the stalks of the Banisteriopsis caapi vine has been used in the Amazon for centuries for healing and spiritual purposes. Concurrent with this increased public interest in ayahuasca ceremonies, there has been major interest from the academic and biomedical fields regarding its potential health effects.
Neuroimaging studies show that the neural effects of ayahuasca, in both healthy and depressive subjects, are mediated by brain areas rich in 5-HT2A receptors. The main active ingredients in Ayahuasca — DMT and β-carbolines — have been shown to exhibit neuroprotective and neurorestorative qualities protecting brain cells and stimulating neural cell growth.
Additionally, data from observational studies suggest that ayahuasca and its active ingredient DMT may have anxiolytic properties. Furthermore, it has not been associated with increased psychopathology or with impairments in neuropsychological functioning. An open-label clinical study found significant therapeutic benefits among patients with treatment-resistant major depressive disorder (MDD) after the administration of a single dose of ayahuasca.
Science has now proven that microdosing is a powerful tool in easing you become “unstuck” on your path towards greater well-being. It also boosts mood, improves mindfulness, and treats depression and addiction disorders. It has been shown that the main active ingredients of Ayahuasca exhibit neuroprotective and neuro-restaurant qualities that protect and stimulate the growth of brain cells.
The Ayahuasca Session lasts around 6 hours and it is followed by a psychotherapeutic and evolving integration the next morning in order to expand the comprehensions achieved during the experience and the new information revealed.
BENEFITS OF AYAHUASCA
· Includes enhanced visual acuity, cardio endurance, reduction of migraines and headaches, and higher quality of sleep.
· Improve mindfulness, mood, and emotional regulation.
· Depression, anxiety and stress significantly decrease.
· Used in alleviation in post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
· Increase of physical stamina.
· Anti-inflammatory properties.
· Increased sense of acknowledgement and emotional discharge.
· A pure and natural complementary aid towards releasing addictive behaviours like alcohol, tobacco, controlled substances, food, relationships, sex,…
· Alzheimer’s disease. For those who are elderly or have a genetic predisposition towards age-related mental decline, ayahuasca microdosing may have positive effects.
MIND . NEUROLOGY
· Certain alkaloids in the ayahuasca vine are helpful for enhancing cognitive performance.
· Memory-boosting effects, an improvement in problem-solving ability.
· The compound harmine was found to increase neurone cell growth by up to 71.5% in 4 days.
· Increase vivid dreaming and clarity along the day.
· It has also been observed to increase levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), a protein that plays an important role in nerve cell growth and promotes nerve cell survival.
SOUL . SOCIAL
· Ayahuasca encourages self-improvement and wider extroversion.
· It reduces social anxiety and eases the relationships with others.
· Increases empowerment, sensitivity and openness.
· Blockages, boundaries and defenses dissolve.
· Boost a strong feeling of empathy and gratitude.
· You can easily achieve insights into aspects of daily life.
· Higher awareness, greater presence, compassion, satisfaction, and harmony.
February 28 2020